It’s not easy when you are working on finding your flow with your workouts. If you are the one that has started your own workout programs at home, such as Beachbody on Demand, or another similar type platform, finding your flow can be challenging.
I’ve put together some helpful Mindset Tips for Finding Your Flow
The definition of FLOW STATE is complete absorption in the present moment. So how and why would you want to work towards the state of finding your flow in your fitness class or workout routine?
Well, the why is easy. Feeling of being completely comfortable with your workout inspires you to do more, to come back to class, and to continue your routine. Exercise is much more than a physical journey – it’s an emotional journey with the instructor as your guide.
1. Remember you have modifications, so use them. Drop down to your knees for push-ups. Take a break when you need it. Honor your body by listening to its needs.
2. Challenge yourself: every day will be different. Know when to push yourself a little harder. Maybe your walk turns into a jog, or you lift a heavier weight than yesterday. Maybe you do a HIIT workout to challenge your cardiovascular endurance.
3. Set goals. These can be long term, say for the length of a certain program or short term till the end of that specific workout. Setting goals will give you long-term vision and short-term motivation. And when you are in the middle of a different workout knowing your vision will help push you to finish! When you reach your goal, simply set a new one.
4. Focus. How do you feel in the moment? If you are weight training, what muscle are you using? Use a mirror if possible to see how the muscle is working. If you are doing cardiovascular endurance work, how is your breathing? Smooth and steady or labored? Staying in tune with what you’re actually doing is vital in focus.
5. Eliminate distractions. Leave your phone on silent, or better yet in, another room. If you are working out at home, find a place that allows you to be at peace. Natural lights – no fluorescent lighting.
Comments will be approved before showing up.